Friday 27 March 2009

exterior: out of control, interior: too in control..?

my art teacher made me really dig deep today into my soul and emotions i dont tend to really express often.
at first i didnt enjoy feeling open, caught off guard, vulnerable.
but afterwards i realised she actually managed to uncover something i had never really known about myself? i love a messy, out of control athstetic, BUT when in process of creating or producing that messy, out of control look, i fail to notice i create it in a strict, control manner.making something look flawed, but that flaw being tailored to every last detail. i may appear to look like i woke up, got dressed in the dark, from clothes off my floor which had been passed down through a family of magpies, shiny sparkley garments. but it takes hours to decide and edit out garments i didnt feel comfortable in!
is theyre a vice, a weakness we all have that perhalps we just havent explored yet?
think about it!Image and video hosting by TinyPic

tell me?
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment